cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

(Plz HELP) Sweep cut question (Creo 4.0)

Woo
2-Guest
2-Guest

(Plz HELP) Sweep cut question (Creo 4.0)

Hello guys.

I'm learning creo by following model tree of completed prt file example.

I have some questions about sweep cut function,

버튼(위).JPG  <ㅡㅡ Top view of a button (Example file)

버튼(안)정상.JPG  <ㅡㅡ Bottom(inner) view of a button above.(sweep cut)

원본체인.JPG 

ㅡㅡ> Upper blue colored chain is a trajectory curve which is chosen in Example file.

캡처.JPG ㅡㅡ> Orange colored line is a cross-section profile which is selected in Example file.

Descriptions below are what I've done.

# I made datum plane above top plane and projected trajectory(blue colored chain in above picture) too.

# After that, I activated sweep, and selected a trajectory above.

# I sketched cross-section view same with above picture.

# Finally, I completed sweep cut, and error message occurred saying that 'One side edge detected.'

In this situation, What should I do?

What is the cause of this failure?

Plz help me...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank u arames.

You are right. The reason why sweep cup fail was the open end cross-section sketch with solid geometry.

After making sketch fully closed, I solved this problem successfully.

Thank you for your help again!

Have a nice day and take care of yourself 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Woo, welcome to the community.

It's hard to tell what's happening without seeing the feature tree or the references in the sweep sketch, but when I look at your last picture I see an open ended sketch.  This OK to have, but that sketch, when swept, doesn't create a surface which fully intersects with the solid geometry you're trying to cut.  So Creo can't make a solid cut.

I reproduced one of the "buttons" in your model.  In my sweep sketch I added a horizontal line which creates the top surface of the cut.  How do you terminate the end of that curve since is needs to change length as it's swept?  I created an axis which runs through the center of the button and constrained the end of that horizontal line to that axis.  This sketch forms a surface which fully intersects the solid geometry and Creo is able to make the cut.

Snap49.png

Snap50.png

I'm not sure why you get that one-sided edge error.  If I saw your feature tree and the sketch references, that would help.

Thank u arames.

You are right. The reason why sweep cup fail was the open end cross-section sketch with solid geometry.

After making sketch fully closed, I solved this problem successfully.

Thank you for your help again!

Have a nice day and take care of yourself 🙂

Happy to help

Top Tags