cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Point Driven Pattern Adds Instances

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

Point Driven Pattern Adds Instances

Creo 3, M070

I have a sketch made up entirely of 4 geometry points

I then created two other sketches, both almost exclusively tied to the first of the four points in the original sketch:

Capture.JPG

I then group those two sketches and create a pattern of the group driven by the points in the original sketch.

Creo creates 5 pattern instances instead of 4, one being slightly off of the original.  There's an extra set slightly offset from the original and not aligned to any of the points:

Capture.JPG

Anyone ever see this?  I can selectively disable the extra instance that doesn't align to any of the 4 points, but at some point I assume Creo is going to try to remove the wrong instance and screw up the children of my pattern.

How do I fix it?

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

OK, I also noticed that only the original is properly aligned to the points.  Argh.

So, I redefined the pattern, clicked the "Options" tab and clicked "Use alternate origin" and selected the same point that both sketches were built from:

Capture.JPG

Now there are only 4 instances and they are properly aligned.  I don't know why it would have worked wrong the first time, but this fixed it.

--
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

OK, I also noticed that only the original is properly aligned to the points.  Argh.

So, I redefined the pattern, clicked the "Options" tab and clicked "Use alternate origin" and selected the same point that both sketches were built from:

Capture.JPG

Now there are only 4 instances and they are properly aligned.  I don't know why it would have worked wrong the first time, but this fixed it.

--
LinkedIn

Thank you, this helped me out with a similar situation.  Now to get to the bottom of why it adds instances in the first place...

Top Tags