cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Possible to Update Creo's Welding Standard?

ScottPearson
3-Visitor

Possible to Update Creo's Welding Standard?

Creo 2.0 m100 (Welding): Creo allows me to toggle between using the ISO Welding Standard and the ANSI Welding Standard. But can I tell Creo that I want to use an UPDATED VERSION of the ANSI/AWS Standard? Is there a way to import newer versions of the Welding Standard support files into Creo's support directory structure? (Note: I am aware that existing default weld symbols may be edited or replaced with user-defined weld symbols, but I am looking for a way to change the core ANSI Standard's definition across the board within Creo to conform to a newer version of the ANSI/AWS Weld Standard.) Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Scott,

I dont think it is possible.

I have just confirmed with PTC Support that there is not a way for a user to update the version of the Weld Standards being used by Creo. The version of the Weld Standard is hard-coded into Creo.

RobertH
13-Aquamarine
(To:ScottPearson)

Thinking out of the box, what happens if you switch to ISO, save and close, and then reopen it and switch back to ANSI?

Top Tags