cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Pro/E Skills Assessments

mdebower
18-Opal

Pro/E Skills Assessments

Anybody out there have any Pro/ENGINEER Skills tests or assessments that they are willing to share?

I am in the middle of creating a skills assessment for my company and was wondering what others have done. This assessment would be used for assessing the skill level of current employees for discovering their training needs as well as new hire evaluation. Right now the assessment will be a written test, with multiple choice, true - false, and essay questions.

The written test will be given to potential new hires in first round interviews and a modeling exercise in the second round.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, and shared with the exploder unless otherwise noted...

- marc

CAD / PDM Manager

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Summary:

There is a lot of interest in this topic, but not much in the way of hard examples. I can understand that, since I am almost done with my skills test and it has taken around 30 hours to whip into shape.

Most people seem to be satisfied with a modeling approach, which am I planning on using, just not relying on completely. This approach interrogates a standard model that the designer has created to gauge their skill level.

- marc

bbrejcha
12-Amethyst
(To:mdebower)

For design engine students, they modify three parts placed into an assembly
that someone else modeled. The three parts are articulating pieces to a
plastic bath toy. All the parts have interference and gross clearance
issues. The task is to nail .015 clearance between all the parts. A
sixty dollar an hour pro should take 1 hour to get all the parts modifiable
with the designed draft and .015 clearance everywhere. A twenty dollar per
hour non degree detail draftsman from our four week comprehensive should
take three hours since they did it in their first week in four with help.

Most 2000 hour designers give up on the copy from another model portion and
get confused with multiple sketches. The users who use a drawing as a tool
with cross sections usually succeed and those who try to use 'info measure'
tend to take longer to complete.

Bart Brejcha
*DESIGN-ENGINE|**EDUCATION*
Top Tags