cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

ProE drawing offset section view issue

bxu
3-Visitor
3-Visitor

ProE drawing offset section view issue

Hello,

I created a part according the dwg drawing:

DWG.png

I made a offset XESC:

XSESC.png

and drw:

DRW.png

Obviously, the right section view is different as dwg drawing due to it is a straight right view, not a rotated projection view as dwg showed which I want.

Appreciate friends to help me fix this issue.

Thanks,

Bill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:bxu)

Bill,

To get the section view in drawing as n DWG, you may convert section view to Full Aligned section.

Open properties of that view > Sections >  Change Sectioned Area from Full to Full Aligned And select the axis of part reference.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Bill,

To get the section view in drawing as n DWG, you may convert section view to Full Aligned section.

Open properties of that view > Sections >  Change Sectioned Area from Full to Full Aligned And select the axis of part reference.

hi mahesh,

i'm having the same issue, i know the procedure for aligned section view but after following all this i'm getting this error " All lines in cross section must intersect axis.  Pick another axis " which axis needs to be picked for aligned section view.

I have tried all axis randomly available in model , See attached picture of drawing and what I'm trying to do.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:jaintarun158)

The way you have it drawn with the angled line would make it need to rotate around 2 axis to align. Make the line horizontal in between the vertical lines then you don't need to use an aligned section, just a normal offset x-section.

section.jpg

rcook
6-Contributor

Are you trying to make the unfolded section view? You need to put in a general view (not a projection). Then, in the section definition, select Full(Unfold) in the drop-down of the Sectioned Area portion.

unfolded.jpg

bxu
3-Visitor
3-Visitor
(To:rcook)

Hi, friends,

It works just followed you guys advice.

Thanks a lot.

Bill

Hi Bill,

Did either Mahesh's or Roger's response help with your issue?  If so please mark one as the Correct Answer.  So other users withe the same question, may find the resolution quickly.

Thanks,

Amit

Top Tags