cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

ProE - moved licence to a new server - now "cannot connect to licence server system"

idepartment-3
1-Newbie

ProE - moved licence to a new server - now "cannot connect to licence server system"

Hi everyone,

we just applied a new licence and moved it at the same time to a new licence server. Now all our people running Pro Engineer Wildfire 4 are getting this message

"licence request failed for feature PROE_FoundationAdv - 15:

Cannot connect to licence system"

I'm sure it's just a case of telling each client which sever the licence now resides on, but how on earth do I do this? I can't open the software, so is there some clever little utility installed for this purpose?

sorry for my ignorance, we recently took on the support of this software and it's the first time this has cropped up.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Did you get a new license for your new license server? The license files are tied to the MAC address of the server machine.

On your client machines, if using local installs or your install server, you will need to modify the parametric.psf file for the address of the new server. Look for a line with 7788@ in it. The name after the @ is your server name. This must be done on every client machine.

Hi,

the name of the license server is saved in files with psf extension. These simple text files are located in ProE_WF4_LOADPOINT\bin directory. You can edit these files in Notepad++.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

You may need to add port 7788, master daemon and vander daemon in firewall exceptions.

Hi,

Any update on error in post? Did you manage to correct that?

Top Tags