cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Problem: No "Offset with Draft" option

Alex64
1-Newbie

Problem: No "Offset with Draft" option

I am using Pro Engineer Wildfire 4.0 education version. I was following this tutorial (http://www.me.cmu.edu/academics/courses/NSF_Edu_Proj/Wildfire_short_course/tutorial10.htm ) and was at the creating features part when it ask me to use offset with draft. For some reason, there is no option to offset with draft. I've tried looking around and other methods, but can't seem to find anything. Does anyone have any suggestions or has encountered this problem before? Thank you.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6
Kevin
10-Marble
(To:Alex64)

Not sure what version that's from but here is a what you need to select in WF4:

New Picture.jpg

Is offset with draft the same as extrude with draft? I would like to add draft to my extrude so I have only one feature instead of two features like doing an extrude then have to go back and add draft to the surfaces.

Kevin
10-Marble
(To:MukaSingh)

If i understand what you're asking correctly you can flip the direction of the offset so it becomes an extruded feature as opposed to a recessed feature. You need to have an existing surface or solid geometry. If you're wanting the feature as a first feature in your model a blend or VSS may be want you want to use.

New Picture (1).jpg

KevinBradberry
5-Regular Member
(To:MukaSingh)

Extrude with draft is a new feature found in Creo 1.0. It works with flat surfaces. But if you want to offset with draft from curved surfaces, then you will need the tool that the other Kevin in this thread has described.

Alex64
1-Newbie
(To:Kevin)

First off, thanks for the response. However, I don't have that option. I only get these two weirds options that I have not seen before.

No Offest with Draft.bmp

If you guys need any more information, please let me know. Thanks again.

Kevin
10-Marble
(To:Alex64)

ProE is trying to offset the curve on the surface with that option the other will offset the curve from the surface. To make an extrusion select the surface then choose Edit>Offset and select the sketch. You may need to set the selection filter to geometry to select the surface.

Top Tags