cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Problem importing an image (jpg, jpeg, bmp, tiff) into a part

Mick
4-Participant

Problem importing an image (jpg, jpeg, bmp, tiff) into a part

Hi to all,

This is my first post, I have searched this topic anywhere but it seems to be unexplored.

I have encountered some problems to import a jpeg file into a part. My colleagues make it work without problems, despite we are using the same Creo date code (6.0.3.0) and the same 'config' file.

I am trying to import this picture into a part to draw over it

push_fit_snapper_clip.PNG

by 'model display/images/import'.

ptc-4942162_0-1588251093081.jpeg

This is what I should obtain - is a screenshot from my coworker PC.

Capture_error.PNG

This is what I obtain on my workstation: the image is shrunk, deformed and multiplied as if it was a sort of wallpaper.

I obtain this result with jpeg, png, tiff images, with every kind of picture. My colleagues, on the contrary, make it work with every kind (and size) of picture.

I have the same problem even I try to apply images as appearances. It seems to be an importation problem.

Our settings seem to be the same... what can I try?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Mick)

4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II

It's probably a graphics card driver issue. 

Review this post https://community.ptc.com/t5/Part-Modeling/Trace-sketch-image-problem/m-p/642880

Mick
4-Participant
(To:StephenW)

Kudos 2U!

It worked forcing the OpenGL libraries, I had to modify the config.pro adding the string

use_software_opengl yes

I tried to update the driver of my graphic card but it didn't work.

Thanks.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Some of those options affect performance negatively. Generally the graphics options disable features of your graphics card.

From PTC support "On Windows, set the use_software_opengl configuration option to yes to invoke the OpenGL application locally on your machine."

Sometimes your graphics driver needs to be rolled back to an older one (instead of using the latest). Unfortunately, each system is different so the only method to find the right one is installing and testing. It's never a fun task.

@Mahesh_Sharma may be able to elaborate.

I concur with @StephenW, enabling config option use_software_opengl is a good option over some other options for graphics issues as it uses system level OpenGL.

Top Tags