cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Problem with geometric pattern failing

bridgel
3-Visitor

Problem with geometric pattern failing

I am tring to basically create an inset grid on my part. What I want to do is simply create an "L" shaped cut and then us the geometric pattern tool to replicate this into a grid. I can add the two final sides then to complete it. My problem is that if I create the "L" shape with lengths 2.8" equal and then make the pattern at 2.8" intervals, it fails. It seems to want the sides to be.005" short so I get these little uncut section at each intersection. See below:

bad+cut+Capture.JPG

How do I make this work?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I changed it to a pattern copy and it worked fine as suggested above. Guess I don't really understand the difference between the two. Thanks all.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Patterns tend to have a mind of their own. Sometimes is it easier to pattern a more complete cell.

Bret,

I guess that Geometry pattern instances cannot intersect each other (you can report it to PTC Support, if you think that it is a bug). Therefore you have to use Pattern with General option set.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

I know I reported Patterning bugs in Creo 2.0 M040. It was later reported fixed but I haven't confirmed this.

Patterns would skip random instances. It would not report them as failed on occasion either.

I changed it to a pattern copy and it worked fine as suggested above. Guess I don't really understand the difference between the two. Thanks all.

Top Tags