cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Problem with mirror - hole

mcestnik
13-Aquamarine

Problem with mirror - hole

Hello!

I have encountered a problem with mirror feature ( I'm using Creo 2.0 M150 ).
I've got a plate with a simple hole on it.
1.jpg

Now I mirror this hole over plane right - dependent copy.
2.jpg

Everything works as I would expect it. But if I now edit the definition of a hole from simple to standard hole the change is not regenerated.

3.jpg

End result:
4.jpg

Is anyone else having the same problem?

I also added the part in the attachment.
Thanks in advance.

Matevž

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
psobejko
12-Amethyst
(To:mcestnik)

Did you try using the "Fully Dependent with options to vary" under the "Dependent Copy" option?

(your example shows "Partial dependent" variation).

Admittedly, it's a long shot - redefining hole types usually means complete recreation of features (behind the scenes). So new references, etc... I've seen lots of complaints about Mirrors and Table patterns then failing.

Point patterns seem more robust, though!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Mirror has never played nice with editing.

rsobecki
12-Amethyst

‌yes the mirror feature need to be improved , but before it'll be done I can recommend you following alternative solutions:

- you can design half of your part and then you should use mirror feature but pick the part for the mirror using RIGHT datum plane to obtain whole part (if you'll hide this mirror result will look ok)

- if you pick geometry for mirror instead feature the result will be also ok

Rather than mirror, you could pattern with the pattern dimension being negative double the distance from your centerline. Pattern updates much better than mirror does.

Don't ever mirror hole features.

Use point pattern, that uses sketched points. It's possible to handle various constrains such as mirror inside of the sketch.

psobejko
12-Amethyst

Did you try using the "Fully Dependent with options to vary" under the "Dependent Copy" option?

(your example shows "Partial dependent" variation).

Admittedly, it's a long shot - redefining hole types usually means complete recreation of features (behind the scenes). So new references, etc... I've seen lots of complaints about Mirrors and Table patterns then failing.

Point patterns seem more robust, though!

mcestnik
13-Aquamarine

Thanks for all helpful answers! In the end "Fully Dependent with options to vary" did the trick.

Top Tags