cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Problem with saving as JPEG

llibovič
6-Contributor

Problem with saving as JPEG

Hello everyone,

today i discovered a little problem. When i tried to save a part to JPEG file, it apeared that it has purple gradient in the picture even though i have my background set to pure white color. I have also discovered that it only appear when i set my resolution to anything higher that 100 DPI, everything higher what 100 DPI will include the gradient colors in the picture.

Thanks in advance.

vidlicka_doma.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

try adding following option into config.pro

graphics   win32_gdi

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:llibovič)

What version and build of Creo?

I did a 600dpi jpeg with white background in Creo4 M080 and it came out fine.

When was the last time you rebooted your workstation?

hhcs_429gr8_generic_white.jpg

llibovič
6-Contributor
(To:BenLoosli)

Im using Creo 3.0 version M040. Im working on a laptop. i dont understand why is this happening. I have checked all the settings i have nothing set to purple, at least i think. 

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Are you using some sort of render? The purple looks like the top of a "room wall" since it cuts off below the part and there is a "room" that has a purplish hue

17904403-lmrp_drill_thru-dual.jpg

llibovič
6-Contributor
(To:StephenW)

No im not rendering, as i said i go - save as a copy - JPEG - and it does this. Honestly i dont know, u might have a point in the "room" thing. Im using university start tools so i dont know what my teachers putted into the start tools. Is there a way to turn that "room wall" off ?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Reboot the laptop!!!

llibovič
6-Contributor
(To:BenLoosli)

Didnt work ... still have purple gradient background

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Make sure your display style is set to shading or shade with edges and not shade with reflections or shade with render.

Usually it's pretty obovious a room is turned on, like in my image but maybe it's zoomed in.

llibovič
6-Contributor

Its not the shading ... i have shading with edges always on. 

llibovič
6-Contributor

Do you think it is a syscol kind of thing or the problem is somewhere else ?

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I don't think it's a systems color thing but you can go to file - options - systems colors and set your systems colors: to black on white. That will rule that out.

llibovič
6-Contributor

Nope .. didnt change anything ... still have the gradient 😞

Hi,

try adding following option into config.pro

graphics   win32_gdi

Martin Hanák
llibovič
6-Contributor
(To:MartinHanak)

Thanks I will for sure try that when I get home. I will let you know how it went.
llibovič
6-Contributor
(To:MartinHanak)

Martin, thank you very much 🙂 

StephenW
23-Emerald II

That option is used for testing your graphics card compatibility with Creo. If it solves the problem, it typically means the problem is in your graphics card. The real answer can simply be that you need to update your graphics card drivers or it can mean that your card is not suited for use with Creo.

If you haven't noticed any other issues and you only needed to generate that image, you may want to remove that option from your config. You can try upgrading your graphics card drivers once removing the option also. 

If it doesn't cause other issues, you can keep the option but it may slow your graphics response or effect creo performance in other ways.

Where you able to fix the issue with the blue hue when you tried saving  to a jpg file?

I am having the same issue and tried all the advise everyone gave and nothing seams to work.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-119325)

When you add the graphics option to your config.pro, you have to restart Creo.

If this fixes the problem, you may be able to update your graphics card driver and remove the option.

See:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Part-Modeling/Trace-sketch-image-problem/m-p/642880 and https://community.ptc.com/t5/Part-Modeling/Problem-importing-an-image-jpg-jpeg-bmp-tiff-into-a-part/...

Thank you for the feedback.  I will give it a try and hopefully it should work.

I appreciate all you help.

Thank you,

Ed C

Hi,

Experiencing same issues...

Did you, by any chance, solve the problem?

Regards! 

@MichaelToledano wrote:

Hi,

Experiencing same issues...

Did you, by any chance, solve the problem?

Regards! 

Hi,

problem resolution = installing "right" version of graphic drivers. See following examples:

---

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?source=Sitecore Article Viewer&art_lang=en&n=CS324641 

related to Creo 4.0 M120

PTC suggestion = install version 451.48 (Nvidia drivers)

---

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?source=Sitecore Article Viewer&art_lang=en&n=CS320103 

related to Creo 4.0 M060

problem reported for version 441.28 (Nvidia drivers)

PTC suggestion = install version 442.23 (Nvidia drivers)

---

Martin Hanák

Thank you, 

Apparently this Nvidia driver build 451.48 solves this problem (and also another problem that I solved  about a month ago using this build https://community.ptc.com/t5/Simulation/Creo-simulation-problem-with-colors/m-p/675597#M8276)....

Thank you!

Top Tags