cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Problem with thickness

designer1966
1-Newbie

Problem with thickness

I created a part with revolve feature with thicken sketch in WF 5.0. The thickness is 4 mm. When I want to change the thickness to 2mm, I receive message that this is out of range 10.09-1462.67. How can I correct the feature's thickness?

Section.jpg Problem_with_thickness.jpg

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello

the problem is the accuracy. (ratio between dimensions) go to file->propriety->accuracy change it 0,0012 to may be 0,0008

regenerate and see what happens

best regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello

the problem is the accuracy. (ratio between dimensions) go to file->propriety->accuracy change it 0,0012 to may be 0,0008

regenerate and see what happens

best regards

What Pierre is referring to is that you get into difficulty when there is a large relative disparity between the size of a feature and the overall size of the model. If changing the Relative value doesn't work, you can also try changing to Absolute accuracy.

Just a little more detail, if you haven't done this before:

You change to Absolute through Edit/Setup/Accuracy, but in order to do this you need to set the config option enable_absolute_accuracy to YES. You can also set default_abs_accuracy to YES if you wish.

Thanks David and Pierre,

I changed relative accuracy of part and reduce thickness without problem.

Top Tags