cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Profile Milling Parameters

jeuclide
4-Participant

Profile Milling Parameters

When profiling a part that has say 5 different profiles i want to cut and step down for each cut it does one cut and then goes to the next profile and does that 1st cut and so on. Is there a way to make the profiles finish the one profile then go the next instead of jumping all over after each independant cut. I use trajectory but thought that profile sequence might save some time.

Jeff

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine
(To:jeuclide)

Jeff,

There used to be a build cut in the side menu where you could select the order in which the slices were machined. But I see that is gone in WF5 M120 so I don't know how to reorder the cut slices now.

Must be another upgrade for us manufacturing guys...It might be in the tool motions thing which looks like the trajectory milling box but haven't really played in there.

Steve

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine
(To:SteveLucas)

Jeff,

The only thing I can say is make your profile sequence for the first profile then in process manager copy that sequence 4 times then go into each sequence and respecify the geometry you want to machine.

Copying sequences in process manager is relatively painless.

Steve

jeuclide
4-Participant
(To:SteveLucas)

Thanks Steve, that's all that i could figure too, thought i would throw it out there. Powerful software but sometimes lacks in the easy things it should be able to do.

Jeff

Top Tags