cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Programming concept

cncwhiz
1-Newbie

Programming concept

I have program that I created with the help of some of my friends where I use two reference models that are alot the same in machinable features. I am getting this done using "OPSKIP' and "GOTO" statements. This works very well to greatly reduce setups. If the MO calls for the one part, they turn on "blockskip" and it will run one part, if they turn off "blockskip" it will run the other part. There are no edits to anything geometric that will keep modeles from updating when revised. Now as we all know they are never satisfied. They want me to add a "THIRD" part to the setup. I do not have multiple blockskip buttons so I cant use that and I want all the parts updatable in pro manufacturing. I probably won't get many hits for anyone doing this but I am looking for ideas on how to add the third part.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
dford
1-Newbie
(To:cncwhiz)

Terry,

For Fanuc and similar controls you can use macro variables to control
program flow with multiple options. The machinist simply sets the
chosen macro variable as needed. One nice aspect is the macro setting
can be retained through powering down the machine (block skip resets to
the default (off) state after power up on some machines).

For example:

(SET MACRO #500=1 FOR PART A)

(SET MACRO #500=2 FOR PART B)

(SET MACRO #500=3 FOR PART C)

(TEST FOR VALID SETTING:)

IF[#500EQ1]GOTO9000

IF[#500EQ2]GOTO9000

IF[#500EQ3]GOTO9000

#3000=1(IMPROPER VALUE FOR #500)

N9000(CONTINUE)

IF[#500EQ1]GOTO9001

---SKIP OVER THIS IF PART IS A---

N9001(CONTINUE)

IF[#500NE1]GOTO9002

---RUN THIS FOR PART A ONLY---

N9002(CONTINUE)

Regards,

Dave Ford
NC Programming Mgr.
G.W. Lisk Co.
Clifton Springs, NY 14432
(315) 462-4381

P Please consider the environment before printing this email - be green,
keep it on the screen!

I have gotten some great replies on this subject. I has pointed me to the direction that I will be taking. I want to step it up a notch. I have several custom porting tools and other tools that require small tweeking at the floor level. I want this change to be global. I am thinking that this will end up being more of a macro and post issue then actual proman. I will use two parts in my setup. I will use block delete and skips for one part and setup macros to mirror the part as well. This should give me the three parts that I need to see?
Top Tags