cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Purple section of model getting lost on export. How to fix?

Binders_chill
3-Visitor

Purple section of model getting lost on export. How to fix?

Hello,

i'm trying to export the model on the left as an stl. However, parts of the model are disappearing. What would cause such behaviour?

Kind regards

parts missing on export.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

That purple color of the model indicates that it is not a solid but just surfaces. STL can only export solids.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

That purple color of the model indicates that it is not a solid but just surfaces. STL can only export solids.

With that response, I used the solidify option on the purple section. Now it's all grey, however it still doesn't export that section. Is there anything else I'm missing?

Kind regards

parts missing on export2.jpg

Hmm, not sure. Are there any warnings or errors? BTW, what version are you on? There's a good connection between the bell section and the tube right? not like a single edge connecting them or anything? from this angle I can't tell exactly what's going on. Can you post the model?

It's the Creo Parametric 6.0.2.0 studen edition.

There are no warnings given.

The cone and tube are connected. They share the end of the tube, a 3mm circular section. All parts are fully enclosed.

The model is attached as a 7z file.

@Binders_chill

I tried exporting the file in Creo 6.0.2.0 to STL and it worked for me...  try with default configuration.. 

Can Creo 6.0.2.0 open educational files or do you have a "special" version?

Sorry, I don't know what a special version is. I downloaded Creo Parametric 6 student edition from ptc.com, logged in with my university account and then created the above shown model. I know that there is a paid for version, and the files between that one and the educational version are not compatible, however in this case, I create the file myself and try to export it to stl, which has worked before on other models.

Sorry. I was replying to MaheshSh. Typically - Industrial (or non Educational versions) cannot open education versions. So I was commenting on how was he able to open the Educational version (i.e. special version). Usually people to whom you are posting cannot open education files.

I had requested that this post be moved to:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Academic-Program-Discussions/bd-p/PTCAcademicProgram

This is the place where people with educational licenses could help you and point you in the right direction. Hopefully you get your answer soon.

@Dale_Rosema

Education version files can open in educational license version of Creo, no special version.  I have Education license.. 

But when you are not in the educational section and have not moved the post to educational section and you do not mention that you are using an educational license, you are sending out the wrong idea about Creo 6.0.2.0.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Mahesh works at PTC.  He has access to everything 😉

While there is something in place to prevent educational files from being opened in the commercial edition (and vice versa), they are still the same product.  The bugs are the same, the capabilities are the same, and the functions are the same.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:TomU)

Exactly

Well, somehow loading the file I uploaded here instead of the one previously saved on my pc let me export to stl 🤔

Not sure how to leave this as a solution, because it is working, but I have no idea why.

Top Tags