cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Quarry in get data commands...

dbodar
1-Newbie

Quarry in get data commands...

Some commands in creo that i cant uderstand where to use...
lyk
1) copy geometry
2) shrinkwarp
3) merge/inheritaqnce
4) copy from
5) independent geometry
6) ce

can anyone help me for these all commands..

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

1) Copy Geometry is used to pass geometry references from one model to another.  Example:

You are working on wheel design.  You will need to know the rotor geometry to which you mount.  You create a CopyGeom feature of the rotor mounting surfaces in your wheel model.

2) Shrinkwrap creates a part that represents the bounding envelope of the assembly or part.  It will remove internal details.

Example:  You designed an engine, but the car body design guys need to know how big to make the engine bay.  You make a shrinkwrap part of the engine and give it to them.  It will not contain your cylinder bore or crankshaft geometry,...

3) Merge/inheritance is similar to CopyGeom, except you get the whole model and it can be associative or not depending upon what you select.

Example:  You make a contact lens that swells when it hydrates.  You need a model of the unhydrated and hydrated lens.  You create the unhydrated contact lens and then create the hydrated model as an Inheritance feature.  Apply your expansion factor and voila, you have 2 related models.

4-6) I don't know, as I don't use them.

dbodar
1-Newbie
(To:dbodar)

Thanks a lot

From your description & example I can totelly understand of all these comands...

Thanks a lot again...

Top Tags