cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Question about Family Table

njoshi-3
1-Newbie

Question about Family Table

Dear sir,

Again I am having a question about family table.

I want to break down all instances from a family table and make them all as stanalone .prt file.

How to do this? I am having 10000 models in total. But they all are in different different family tables.

So please help me as fast as possible.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

easy and quick solution does not exist .

Some time ago I did the same thing. If you have the appropriate knowledge, you can use the following procedure:

1. I started Creo, opened one instance of generic part, saved it as standalone part manually and closed Creo.
  2. I used trail file generated in step 1. and "multiplied" it (using program written in Basic language) to get commands for complete FT conversion.
  3. I started Creo and played trail file prepared in step 2.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hello MartinHanak

It is very interesting what you have explained ..

Can you Please guide me How you Multiplied in trial file by using basic program language to get commands for complete FT conversion ?

Regards

Gagan.D

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:Gagan)

Hi,

trail file is text file containing information about actions done by user during Creo session. It contains header, action information and session end commands.

Action information can contain model name. If you understand the contents of trail file, then you can create new trail file using programming tool. You have to:

• put header at the beginning of new trail file
  • generate you version of action information for every FT instance

MH

Martin Hanák
Gagan
7-Bedrock
(To:njoshi-3)

Hello Naishadh

If you you using windhill , you can do a save as for all the instenses in the workspce ,then all the instenses will create as a standalone part with new name in the work-space.later check out the generic and all the instenses , Removed instenses in family table option and check in the generic part , then the latest version of the generic part will not have any instenses and it will exist as a standalone part

Aldo Almaguer

Regards

Gagan D

njoshi-3
1-Newbie

Hello Mr. Doreswamy,

I appreciate your idea for making all instances standalone. But I have no idea how to use windchill?

Can You please guide me for my desired operation? It would be very nice learning experience for me if you would guide me, my objective would be completed surely and I can learn new thing in Creo.

Actually, I am confused in all modules in windchill like ALT, EVENT TREE, FMCA, etc.

Hoping positive reply as soon as possible.

Gagan
7-Bedrock

Hello Naishadh

I tried . But the instenses will save again as the family member without out breaking the link form the parent part (Generic) ,I believe it may be possible by running the query , but m not sure .We can what martin has proposed , or we can also see if there any option available in config.pro

Regards

Gagan D

Top Tags