cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Question about Sweep in two seccion

fcano
1-Newbie

Question about Sweep in two seccion

Good day

I have a question, I'm trying to make an aluminum frame for a freezer but for this requir make a plastic cornerback for joining profiles.

When developing the plastic profile sweep use the tool, which makes me the piece at 90 ° but I require is to make the parts to an internal angle of 90 ° but the outside what I require a radio.

Frame.jpg

I appreciate your help

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
10 REPLIES 10
dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:fcano)

I would not make this with a sweep.  I'd extrude one side, cut it at the 45 degree angle, extrude the second side through next and add the radius after with a round feature.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Hi Doug

I understand what you say, but I can not do an external radio, since the geometry of the part will not let me, let me know if the function sweep I can do two track (1 track 90 ° internal and the second with a radio) ??

rcrerar
1-Newbie

Hi,

Surely you would be looking to do a revolved section through 90 degrees making the axis of revolution on the inner corner.

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:rcrerar)

That depends on the design intent.  Looking at the image, it doesn't look like the outer radius is smaller than a 90 degree revolve would produce. 

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Sony makes a nice "radio" if you require one..... 

Jajaja

Ok, my mistake, I mean diameter

kdirth
20-Turquoise

Are you looking for something like this?

Capture.JPG

The curve shown in your image has a radius to small to create this shape in one sweep s the inner surfaces would be self intersecting.  If you are looking to only radius the outer profile, two sweeps, one at a 90 and one with a radius could accomplish that.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
fcano
1-Newbie
(To:kdirth)

Hello Kevin

It is similar but the inside of the I require 90 °, if conducted in 2 parts the connection between them as I make, since it is internal and external to 90 ° it is with a radius

kdirth
20-Turquoise

The inside portion can be made with a 90 and the outside with a radius.  The second curve needs the radius to start and end tangent to the 90 degree portion so that it is a 90 on the inside edge (similar to my previous example).

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Kevin
10-Marble

It can but the radius needs to be the same as the width of your profile section.

Top Tags