Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rectangular helical sweep feature

Re: Rectangular helical sweep feature

Oh, if only it were possible. I needed something exactly like this to build a the inlet spiral of a cyclone. It would have been nice to have a flat pattern of that, especially when I was building an PVC hot-formed prototype.

I am getting obsessed  to this a little . I found a way to allow me to sweep along a closed contour in Creo and this allows me to create the helical spring with constant gradient. Just want to share it and please ignore if you are already aware of this trick:

Capture.JPG

You might have just hit the nail on the head, BH.

Are you using trajpar in a sweep?

yes, there is a relation in its sketched section. For some reasons, Creo does not allow trajpar to work on closed contour. You may educate me more on this. Thanks.

Nope, you are correct that closed loops do not work.

I extended one end of the trajectory curve to avoid both ends meet at the same point (closed loop). With this way, I can sort of "cheat" the creo and it allows me to complete the sweep feature. The excess can then be trimmed off.

Highlighted

My only consideration with the tail is the additional work required to manage pitch accurately.

Two half sections will take care of that.

Also looking at the conical/tapered versions.

More and more are sheetmetal rules required to know where to place the origin curve.

K and Y factors should be considered for profile sections not round.

true, the pitch is hard to control in this approach. I try to address this issue by having a continuous sweep trajectory, and this is done by repeating the path section and select them sequentially during sweep. What do you think?

Capture.JPG

Try this. This is the most simplest of all. just 5 features.

You can control pitch, section, radius.....

I think this is where we started.

The problem with this technique is that the pitch is not constant at the intersection.

You will see a "wave" in the long section.

Announcements
LiveWorx Call For Papers Happening Now!