cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Regenerated Family Table Instances (Part 2)

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Regenerated Family Table Instances (Part 2)

I have recently made significant progress on regeneration of assemblies & parts and their instances (See links):

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Part-Modeling/Regenerated-or-Not-Regenerated/m-p/573852#M30912

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Part-Modeling/Regenerating-Family-Table-Instances/m-p/591305

But I am still running into something where i have 2 or more drawings open for parts/assemblies in a particular family table. I will verify the instances in the family table and they all are "success"ful. I then go to save the assembly, and I get that instance 3, 9, 22 have not been regenerated. These happen to be the instance for which I have drawings open.

If after verifying the family table, I remember to regenerate the open drawings, this error is either reduced or eliminated.

My question is: Why, if you have one or more drawings open, do those instances not show up as having been regenerated upon successful verification of the instance in the family table?

Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Regenerate the drawing after you verify the FT should read the changed status of the instance. 

Each file open allocates its own segment of memory, but Creo does know about them all.

You need to tell the drawing segment to refresh from the instance segment.

It does not happen automatically because their may be occurrences where you do not want that to happen.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Different instances in memory.

What you do in one part file needs to be resynced to your drawing files in order for them to show as being verified.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:BenLoosli)

So the instance that is "pulled" out of the family table for the drawing is not updated when that same instance is verified in that same family table? ... in the same memory of the computer...

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Regenerate the drawing after you verify the FT should read the changed status of the instance. 

Each file open allocates its own segment of memory, but Creo does know about them all.

You need to tell the drawing segment to refresh from the instance segment.

It does not happen automatically because their may be occurrences where you do not want that to happen.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:BenLoosli)

One more quick question then.

Why when I have just verified the table and do a save on the part/assembly does it say that there are instances that need to be regenerated. I can understand you may have to refresh the drawing to bring it up to speed, but why does the drawing trip up the part/assembly when you have just verified it?

Any thoughts?

I've noticed similar regen issues in general with creo 3, in particular with family tables.  It tells me I need to regen the generic before I can verify the instances (though I made no changes), so I do, then verify the table, then go to save the generic.....and it tells me again that it needs t be regen'd.  In model mode when I go to save the file, it ALWAYS tells me it needs a regen, then I regen, and go to save, and it STILL tells me it needs a regen, so give it the finger and save anyway,

Weird behavior in general.   Also, they STILL haven't fixed the fact that sometimes you need to do 2 regens to get the geometry to work if you have certain relations.  This has been a major issue as long as I've been on Pro/E.

The mass properties issue noted in the first two post have stabilized a lot of the regen, regen, regen, .....

Now I just get one, two or three (and sometimes the generic) and typically tied to other parent models or drawings open that "are not regen'ed".

Top Tags