cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Regeneration with Parameter-Driven Patterns

NEALROSENBLUM
1-Newbie

Regeneration with Parameter-Driven Patterns

All,

I have a feature in a model that is like a numbered ruler. It is the bottomedge of a table saw, and I need to have numbers and tick marks cast into the top surface of the table saw. The numbers are created as extruded text and are driven by a parameter INCH where INCH=itos(sdX). This allows 1" to show as 1 when sdX=1, 1 when sdX=2, etc. I have inches and centimeters to the right of the blade(kerf) and to the left of the blade.

It seems that everytime I regenerate the model, Pro|E has to regenerate these patterns and it takes about 1.5 minutes to regerate. When I suppress these features and then regenerate, Pro|E provides the message: "Part 'TABLE_TOP' not changed since last regen." I guess that this means that Pro|E does not have to regerate the model because no changes have been made.

So how do I keep these features visible, but not regenerate them everytime I regenerate the model.

Wildfire 4.0, M070

Sincerely,
Neal Rosenblum
Geometrix Engineering, Inc.
201 N. 13th Avenue
Hollywood, FL 33019
Ph: 954-920-2049
Fax: 954-920-9574
Cell: 954-649-9399
<u>neal@geometrixeng.c</u>

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Have you tried to make them read-only?

Thanks,

Allen Caldwell

Allen Caldwell | PDC Manager | Project Engineer

P: 952-435-5533 x114 | F: 952-435-2440

EAC Product Development Solutions |

Top Tags