cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Remove Common Name column from Familyu Table??

DennisRehmer
8-Gravel

Remove Common Name column from Familyu Table??

This was originally posted a while back, and I wanted to just re-post it to see if anyone has found a way to remove this column from the Family Table. I am working in WF4.0, so this is where I am looking for help on this.

In WF4.0 we are finding that the designated parameter Common_Name is showing up automatically in Family Tables.

Does anyone know if this can be removed from the Family Tables?

Dennis

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Dennis,

Are you looking to hide the column from the Family Table dialog box? If so, select the column and then click Edit > Hide Columns.

Hide_Column.jpg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I do not believe it can be removed. It's worthess, and I've tried.

Dennis,

In WF4.0 (depends on which build) you can add a filter on the drawing to remove a single or many columns.

In the drawing mode pick Add, filter, by rule, (type in command) &fam.inst.param.name !=(dimension symbol)

don't type in ( ) or [ ] in the command line. then pick done.

Ken

I am mainly just looking to remove from the family table, but thanks for the replies.

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

Are you looking to hide the column from the Family Table dialog box? If so, select the column and then click Edit > Hide Columns.

Hide_Column.jpg

True, it can be hidden, just not deleted if I remember.

Top Tags