cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Remove Material on a Wrap feature?

ccruz
1-Newbie

Remove Material on a Wrap feature?

To whom it may concern,

I need to remove material from a Wrap feature on a cylinder.

I've been trying to get this done, but apparently Creo doesn't recognize further actions for the Wrap feature. Why would I need that feature if i'm not able to extrude or remove material from it?

Please, someone fluent on these PTC enigmas, HELP!

There is a picture attached for more information.

Thanks,

CC

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:ccruz)

Not sure why the Wrap feature isn't usable - what are you trying to do with it?

In anticipation, it should work as a trajectory for a swept feature.

Hello David,

I'm trying to make a slot with that shape.

I'm willing to use any other method in order to get this done, feel free to suggest.

Thank you,

CC

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:ccruz)

There is a lot to be considered in your request.

A lot of sculpting is done with surfaces rather than solids.  Trims, merges, and intersects all work to manage each face of your design.  Once merged into a closed boundary, it can be solidified.  Or maybe a constant thickness offset?

Hello Antonius,

I'm trying to make a slot with that shape. There's a pin that must slide normal to the trajectory of the slot.

I have no idea on how to make it. Feel free to suggest any method.

Thank you,

CC

Cruz

I actually ran into this problem a little while ago. You have everything correct in your model tree, now you need to add a sweep:

- The trajectory will be your wrapped sketch

- Then create the sweep section by clicking the sketch icon:

- Make sure your section is at equivalent or greater than your wall thickness

- Click the green check mark to accept the sketch, click 'remove material', and you should be good to go!

Rob

Top Tags