cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Rendering with transparent white background

Cosmo
1-Newbie

Rendering with transparent white background

Hi All,
Does anyone have a good way of generating a good quality rendering in Pro/E that also has a transparent background? For some reason, I can't seem to set this up.
Also, is the preferred method for applying different materials to different family table instances still to add surfaces to the generic and then turn on/off the surfaces per material assigned to the surface? Or is there a better way?
I need to be able to generate high quality realistic images very very quickly much like solidworks does (I know I know....I hate them too) so any other tips and tricks are much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,

Mike -
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8
wfalco
15-Moonstone
(To:Cosmo)

May be a job for Photoshop? I'd like to know if Pro/E can do it.

sl2741
1-Newbie

I defined a room that is a white cylinder and load it for rendering.
White wall, floor and ceiling.
cpodom
1-Newbie

Interesting, just like a "Cove" in photography.
What was your intent and results?

sl2741
1-Newbie

My intent is to provide a render quality image for printing. White background = no ink...

In Reply to Curtis Odom:
Interesting, just like a "Cove" in photography.
What was your intent and results?

SteveFowler
4-Participant

Mike

Are you looking for something as simple as view/display settings/system colors/scheme/black on white/print or save a copy?

Steve

WF-2 M080 FlexC

Win XP SP-2 32-bit

Dell PWS 690 3GB Ram

Nvidia Quadro FX4600

For a transparent back ground, in the render setup, check the "render alpha" box, choose tiff or PNP as the output type.

Not sure what version you are using, but the render quality is much improved with WF5 onward.

Regards,
Patrick Fariello
tgiauque
1-Newbie

I did the same thing. White cylindrical room (cylindrical = fewer surfaces to change the color on). Because I am frequently called upon to generate pretty pictures of something out of Pro/E, I also made a mapkey that would automatically load the room.

To make the background transparent, simply use the snipping tool to grab your rendering, drop it into Powerpoint, and set the white background color to be transparent. Here's the white room file I use if anybody is interested.

Tim

cpodom
1-Newbie

Such a great idea.
This is exactly how commercial product photographers do their work
especially with reflective surfaces. any of them would tell you that
shooting chrome or any shiny surface is very problematic due to reflective
backgrounds. commercially or homemade "coves" are used to eliminate
reflections. Rendering programs have the same problems.

If you have access to a quality commercial photographer have them help you
setup the lighting. This will pay huge dividends.

Top Tags