cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Repeat region filters

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite

Repeat region filters

is it possible to filter a repeat region by layer?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

I do not think that such functionality is implemented.

Can you provide more details ?

MH

Martin Hanák
SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite
(To:MartinHanak)

I have set up a repeat region for the bom and some of the time we need to hide parts. most of the time it's from a patterned member but sometimes not. I know suppressing is the correct way but I was asked to make the bom to exclude hidden parts

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:SYNDAKIT)

Maybe, in your assembly you could make a simplified representation excluding the components you want. Then in your drawing, you choose the convenient representation. The BOM should update by itself.

In your assembly

In your drawing

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite
(To:RaphMORIN)

I like that solution but will that work for the scenario where there are three identical parts but you only want the bom to show a quantity of 2?

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:SYNDAKIT)

If you pick only two components of the three in your simplified rep it should work. The best way to know is to try !

Top Tags