cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeating Mapkey

Highlighted
Participant

Repeating Mapkey

I would like to createa mapkey to place an axis on a rounded surface, and have it repeat without having to reselect the mapkey between each one. Is this possible?

<u>

</u>
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

RE: Repeating Mapkey

And while I'm at it.... once I have placed these axes,... why is there no way to scale them equally on my drawing. Even with the grid snap on, each one scales a little differently from the previous one. Arrgh!!

Each of the axes in the pic below was grabbed and stretched to 2 clicks with the grid snap on... from the same zoom as you see in the pic. As you can see the result is three different sized centerlines. Sloppy at best.

<u>

</u>
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite
Highlighted

Hi Chris,

What if you use a ProToolkit app named Autoaxis to create all axes for you automatically...

Autoaxis is a free Pro/Toolkit application (It source codecames with Pro/E)that will analyse your model and create axes for the holes which does not have them... and it magically groups the axes for you by diameter... very cool...

I can share it with you if you want...

Regards,

Daniel Santos - Sr. NC Programmer / CAM Support

Liebherr Aerospace Brasil

Highlighted

I know nothing about TOOLKIT,... how do I know if I even have that app?

<u>

</u>
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite
Highlighted

Repeating Mapkey

Answer: Check your licenses and modules under the help or information
pull-down in Pro/E.

MPL

Highlighted

Hi Chris,

Please find attached the app - It is free so you don´t need to worry about licensing...If you install the Pro/EC API (Pro/Toolkit API)you are going to get the source code at the folder \loadpoint\includes

PS: Don´t worry about Pro/Toolkit license. You will only need to have itif you are developing custom applications for Pro/E. You don´t need it to run a existing application unless the developerembedded a licensing mechanism into the application itself.

In my next postI´ll try to upload thevideo tutorial (15Mb)showing you how to install it...

Regards,

Highlighted

Hi Chris,

Please find attached the video tutorial...

Regards,

Announcements