cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Resolution of curves

Mr.ChetanNachan
7-Bedrock

Resolution of curves

When we use trajpar in relations and 't' for building datum curves, the variables vary between 0 and 1.

I was wondering how many points does proe use to plot the entities?what I mean is

eg. In sd2=20-5*cos(trajpar*180), the result will vary from 15 to 25,but how many points between these 2 values?,the more the points the smoother the curve should be.

I tried searching for resolution control in options,but cannot find one. Can someone help me find how I can control the result.

Thanks in advance.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

To me it is a continuous curve, there is an infinity of points between its start and end points.

Try to make an analysis based on this curve (like creating a point on it and measuring its coordinates) and you will see if it is continuous or discrete.

In this case, the smoothness is maybe more a graphical issue than a mathematical one.

Hi Chetan...

I understnd your question and I've never really know there to be a definitive answer. All I can say is... if you need a "finer" resolution curve, set your model accuracy tighter. The better the model accuracy, the better those trajpar curves come out to be. If you really need superfine curves, you can reset the lower accuracy boundary of Creo to be smaller than .0001 (which is usually as low as you can go). Once you've reset the boundary lower, you can create more accurate models with finer curves (more points along trajpar trajectory).

If you ever get a concrete answer, please let us know.

Thanks!

-Brian

Robert-B
5-Regular Member
(To:Mr.ChetanNachan)

I have observed dsicrepancies such as you describe when my curves have sharp corners. ProE tries to fit a spline around the corner and of course there's some overshoot. Best is to try defining only smooth curves and join them afterward where the slopes are discontinuous. I'm hoping the Wildfire 5 improvements allow control over the spacing of t values...

Top Tags