cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Rolling a Wheel on a surface using Mechanism

sarthakseth
5-Regular Member

Rolling a Wheel on a surface using Mechanism

I want to roll a wheel on a surface using creo mechanism. By using the pin connection, the wheel only rotates about its own axis. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Sarthak

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sarthakseth
5-Regular Member
(To:psobejko)

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. Your answer did help me to explore further possibilities using rack-and-pinion connection. However, I did find out a different solution to my own question i.e by using multi-level assembly. 

In the first level assembly, I defined pin joint between the roller and axle.

In the second level assembly, I called the above assembly and created a sliding joint between the assembly and the rolling surface. 

This worked out pretty well for me. I have attached the images for reference. Hope it helps someone lese.

Cheers!

Sarthak

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I don't know the scope of your model, but here's an example of how you can "simulate" perfect rolling motion on a plane, using mechanism:

rolling_wheel.png

It relies on using a rack-and-pinion connection to establish a relationship between the rotation of the wheel component within the wheel+axle subassembly to the sliding movement of the wheel+axle subassembly component.

Creo 3.0 model attached...

sarthakseth
5-Regular Member
(To:psobejko)

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. Your answer did help me to explore further possibilities using rack-and-pinion connection. However, I did find out a different solution to my own question i.e by using multi-level assembly. 

In the first level assembly, I defined pin joint between the roller and axle.

In the second level assembly, I called the above assembly and created a sliding joint between the assembly and the rolling surface. 

This worked out pretty well for me. I have attached the images for reference. Hope it helps someone lese.

Cheers!

Sarthak

Top Tags