cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Rotate face problem

LTS
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Rotate face problem

I am trying to move/rotate a hole in a pipe 180 degrees: Modify 3D|Move|select face (hole)|Rotate|select axis (pipe)|rotate angle=180|Done|OK ... but the hole does not move, yet if I enter 179.9999 or 180.0001 for the rotate angle it moves as expected. Is this a software issue or is there a better defined method to accomplish this?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
Not applicable
(To:LTS)

I ran a test on a part that I created, and a cross hole in the pipe I created rotates 180 degrees with no problems. Maybe there is an issue with your paticular part. Would it be possible for you to save this part to a pk2 file and add it to this thread?
LTS
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:)

Here is the file. The pipe has two holes in it now and the irregular shaped one moves ok but the smaller round hole does not. Since your test indicates that it should work, there is perhaps something wrong with my part. Thanks.
LTS
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:LTS)

After recreating the part and its features everything appears to work as expected.....problem solved.
Top Tags