cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Rotate objects

ptc-2760494
1-Newbie

Rotate objects

I have a bracket and bolt. How can I place the bolt on a hole on the bracket and how can I ROTATE the bolt arround it hown axis 90 degrees? Can somebody help me plese as I'm new here and learning first steps with the software.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

You will need to add an orientation constraint. Basically you can assemble a bolt with an axis and a plane, or insert and plane. Pro-E with add the assumptions and say fully constrained. What you will need to do is add another constraint and choose the planes on both parts. Then select the angle you need it to be, i.e. 90 degrees. The other choice is to choose the plane that is already 90 degrees from the other plane. Eric
Top Tags