cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Round Tool never works and can't shell

ptc-2645979
1-Newbie

Round Tool never works and can't shell

I'm trying to make a cow's face, but I'm unable to round it to make it look natural. I'm using the School's Edition of Pro/ENGINEER. I made the shape of the face using sketches and a variable section sweep, but parts of it are too sharp like the nose area and the forehead. When I try to round these areas there's a whole list of errors which I don't understand. I also need to shell the face from the back, but it won't let me because of another error. Can someone please tell me what these errors mean? Rounding Item 1: Set cannot be constructed on the highlighted pair of surfaces. Recommended actions: Try to create feature as "Unattached", and complete it using quilts. Item 2: Recent changes have caused user-defined transition references to be lost. Changes to either the current feature's geometry or to some other feature have caused the references for user-defined transition (No. 2) to be lost. The affected transitions must have their references redefined. Recommended actions: Redefine the TRANSITIONS element for the failed feature, and select the Transitions indicated above for redefinition. Reselect lost references. Item 3: same as above Item 4: Could not construct feature. Shelling Item 1: Highlighted surfaces are too curved to offset by specified value. Recommended actions: Make a quilt from good surfaces, offset the quilt, make patches over missing surfaces. Here is the part file if you need it to understand my problem: http://rapidshare.com/files/221906021/face.prt.3.html I'd appreciate any help.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Never mind. I worked it out myself.
Top Tags