cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

SEND REFERENCE MODEL PARAMETERS TO NCL FILE

ptc-676778
1-Newbie

SEND REFERENCE MODEL PARAMETERS TO NCL FILE

Is there an easy way to send reference model parameters to the ncl file, so they can be output to the post?
I want to write the drawing number as a comment at the top of the "tape" file. The drawing number is parameter dwg_number in the reference part.
I thought there might be a way of calling it in the FIL program, but I don't think so. If I can get it to print to the ncl file, then it's easy to modify the FIL to print to the "tape"
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Y'all are great. I had several good suggestions. I combined them and added to them to come up with a plan as follows:

The desired output was, for example, O28996 ( 180-4-1-28996 RD1 )

What I did to get it was to add an auxiliary sequence with two PPRINT statements, as follows:
PPRINT / 'REVISION = &REV:CID_88'
PPRINT / 'DRAWING NUMBER = &DWG_NUMBER:CID_88'

CID_88 refers to the component id for the reference part (synonymous with feature_id, which can be added to the model tree or seen from 'info').
REV and DWG_NUMBER are parameters in the reference part that identify the revision level and the drawing number.
(note, I used 'CID', rather than session_id, because I had trouble getting session_id to "play nice")

Once I got those values in the CL record, I was able to write some FIL code to make it print out exactly how I wanted it to.

I took this all 1 step further, so it's semi-automatic.
1st, I use a template to create the Manufacturing NC Assembly.
2nd, I assemble the reference part in the new Mfg assembly
3rd, I run a macro that creates the auxiliary sequence. Since this will be a new "standard practice", the new reference part will always have the same component id, therefore, the 'cid' can be hard coded into the macro and the output should always work. If for some reason it is different, I just need to go to the customize menu on the auxiliary sequence and match the 'cid' to the reference part.
Thanks for everyone's help.
Jeff
Feel free to email with any questions / comments
jceurter@itwbcg.com
Top Tags