cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

SOLUTION! :: Drawing Text Disappears

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

SOLUTION! :: Drawing Text Disappears

OK, I figured it out.  This is maddening, but at least I know what's going on.  It turns out it was layers after all.

In the part I've got our default, rule based layers.  I had the "00_NOTE" layer isolated to see an onscreen annotation.  If that layer state is unhidden or isolated, when I create my drawing, a "00_NOTE" layer is created at the drawing level and all drawing notes are placed on it and it's display is set to unhidden.

Since an isolated layer effectively turns all other layers to hidden, my notes disappear!

If it's set to unhidden, the layer is created, but the layer statuses do not conflict, so all appears to be OK.

I tested setting all of my default, rule based set to isolated and the only drawing layer that gets created is the "00_NOTE" layer.  I also tested it without the template, and the drawing layer is not created, regardless of part layer status.  I checked the template layers again and there are none.  Something about the interaction between the template and the rules in my layer is generating this behavior.

Crazy and unexplainable, but at least easily repairable now that I know what's happening.  Jus delete the drawing layer.

I haven't checked the behavior in WF5 or Creo X.0, I need to get back to productive work. 😛

Thanks all,

--
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
2 REPLIES 2
mlocascio
4-Participant
(To:dgschaefer)

Doug,

It's funny but I almost suspected layers when your first message came out.
Congratulations! Fixed is GOOD!

Michael P. Locascio

Just for giggles (and because I've got nothing better to do, LOL), I tried the same files in Creo 2 (M080) and the issue persists there as well.

This seems like a bug to me, but one that I'll have to fight with tech support to get them to A) understand and B) accept.

Yay.

That's a fight for another day.

--
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Top Tags