cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Save Analysis and creating Parameter

gcontreras
1-Newbie

Save Analysis and creating Parameter

Hello,

i have a question with the weldseam from creo. I use Creo 2.0 and my model have been welded. I would like to knowthe length of the whole weldseam (schweißnaht), like the sum of all it. I acctually want to save the length all the edges that have been welded and then as someone suggested me, create a parameter from the analysis feature. My question is, how can I save an analysis value? and how do I create a parameter?

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Edna

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

In the "Measure" dialog, expand the window, and select the "Feature" tab. Here you can see the name of the measured parameter. The click the diskette icon (outdated symbol?) and then you can save the measurement as a feature that appears in the model tree, and the associated parameter can be used in analyses, relations etc.

I'm not sure, but it is possible you need BMX (Behavioral Modelling Extension), to do this.

Capture.PNG

A workaround can be made in skecher, if the weld lies in a plane, you can sketch a curve along the weld edges and create a perimeter dimension. I hope this helps... I can see you posted this question in another forum where you got somewhat different replies./Mats L/

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

In the "Measure" dialog, expand the window, and select the "Feature" tab. Here you can see the name of the measured parameter. The click the diskette icon (outdated symbol?) and then you can save the measurement as a feature that appears in the model tree, and the associated parameter can be used in analyses, relations etc.

I'm not sure, but it is possible you need BMX (Behavioral Modelling Extension), to do this.

Capture.PNG

A workaround can be made in skecher, if the weld lies in a plane, you can sketch a curve along the weld edges and create a perimeter dimension. I hope this helps... I can see you posted this question in another forum where you got somewhat different replies./Mats L/

I see now that you don't need BMX to create the parameter, use it in relations etc. It's only when creating sensitivity studies, optimizations etc. that you need BMX.

/Mats L

Hello Edna,

did the suggestions from Mats help you?

If yes, consider marking his answer as Helpful or Correct, depending how completely they fit your issue.

Thanks,

Gunter

Top Tags