cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Save sheet metal hole patterns

ptc-4712526
1-Newbie

Save sheet metal hole patterns

Hello everyone,

This is my first time using Creo, so I'm still trying to figure out the basic stuff. I'm trying to create a pretty simple part; it's a 1/8" sheet metal plate with holes in it for other parts to bolt onto. I'm wondering if it's possible to save a hole pattern as a part or some reusable element, so that I can move the entire hole pattern around, and place multiple ones on my sheet metal plate

If this isn't possible, what the best way to go around putting identical hole patterns in a plate?

Thanks,

Mike

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

There are likely a few ways. You could sketch the holes and save the sketch. I'm sure hole tables could be adapted to this kind of use. And then you can do top-down assembly techniques to drive features at sub-levels. You can also use relations to drive features at different levels. It all depends on how much dependency you are willing to tolerate.

If you create a pattern by point, you can save the sketch and reuse fairly easily.

vzak
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-4712526)

One more option - make holes Pattern and then make a UDF from it. UDF (user defined feature) is exactly desired to reuse pieces of a model design.

Top Tags