cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Save versions in different folder

ptc-5408617
1-Newbie

Save versions in different folder

I really like the feature of the backup versions of the files that are created. However, they are very cluttering when browsing through a folder in windows.

Is there any way to create a seperate 'backup' folder where the old versions are automatically stored? Just 'purging' or 'delete old versions' kind of defeats the purpose of the versions feature.

Is this anyway possible in WF5? Attached a picture to summarize what I mean. In the parts browser this folder is just 16 files, in windows its 98.

Thanks!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

When you get to a good transition point in your design, you could consider copying all the files to a temp-backup folder. Then purge your working folder. Consider it a weekly maintenance function of sorts.

Otherwise, a more robust system will be required involving backups and folder search paths.

...and welcome to the forum, Tyler!

Thanks.

Glad to be here. That is a roundabout way, but I guess at this point it is sounding like the only choice. I'll just try to get used to browsing from the program and not through windows. Then I won't feel so cluttered.

Top Tags