cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section regeneration failed. Ambiguous sketch.

SOLVED
Highlighted
Level 1

It's a round, and I can not do anything with it!

It locks up ProE (WF5) when I do anything to it. Ssuppress, delete, insert above it, redefine, etc - all causes "Not Responding".

Help!

Tags (4)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Section regeneration failed. Ambiguous sketch.

UPDATE!

Error message ‘Ambiguous sketch’ issue is corrected in (1) M230 datecode of Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 and in (2) M110 datecode of Creo Parametric 2.0

These two releases will tentatively be available for customers by first week of April and first week of May respectively. I tested this issue in these two datecodes (M230 and M110 are available internally for Tech Support for testing purposes) and found that the error message does not show up (C11263145)

The issue that was crashing ProE 5.0 (and recently Creo 2.0) was/is an unrelated corruption that can not be corrected by a user and must be done at the coding level by PTC. They could not explain how/why it happened... so no idea how to aviod it from happening again. But it seems unlikely.

19 REPLIES 19

Adding to this...

Model Player also causes Not Responding.

I can not do anything that causes a regen apparently. I can right click edit all the features, and it shows the dims etc... but if I cange a value and regen - Not Responding.

I did get it to show a new error message before it locks up - "WARNING: External ref. for feature/component not found, using old placement." ... but again, I can not do anything to investigate it

I recently corrupted a file somehow. It just crashed when I tried to open it. Now warning the night before... good thing I save often and keep my earlier versions. I was able to recover 99% of my work.

You might have to to the same thing, go back to a reliable version. Otherwise, you have to delete the feature.

Frustrating, I know. Just part of playing on the bleedin' edge

I've been doing just that, going back in Revisions... it is at RevD now... I had to go back to Rev- (dash)! So it happens some durning the changes to RevA (I do know the problkem is there at the last version of A). But that is way way too far back to recover from

It is so weird that I can work normally after feature #63, but can not do anything at all above it!

and again - can not delete the feature, or anything above #63... it locks up ProE every time!

Case opeed with PTC support and file provided... let's see what they can do.

Besides the Rev A,B,C that we add to the drawing/model there are also the instances. (i.e. yourpart.prt.1, yourpart.prt.2, yourpart.prt.3, .....) This is the same with drawings. Antonius was referring to these versions of the parts. You make want to investigates these also.

Dale, if rev A has the problem and people have simply patched the files through rev D, someone needs to be called onto the carpet. Going back a version isn't going to help

Good luck, Daniel. I hope PTC can work this out.

You're right, but I just want to make sure that Daniel was aware of the different levels to look at even between Rev-(dash) and Rev A. But it still sounds weird.

PTC support was able to reproduce my problem - of not being able to do anything - and are looking further into it.

Hope they get it resolved. Keep us informed