cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Section viewing

JeanMarcNoiret
1-Newbie

Section viewing

Hi all,

I am a new user to Pro/engineer wildfire 5.0. I want to create a section view in my drawing. Is there another way to do a section than create a section in the part module and then use it in the drawing module? Is it possible to create a section in the drawing module even if there is no such section in the part model?

Thank you.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi

As far as I know there is no other way. I know it's a weird way if you are used to Inventor. But that is the way it works with PTC. The benefit to it is that if something changes in your part, it's much quicker changed in your drawing 2D. What gives trouble in Inventor.

Goodluck with Pro-e, you will notice it works different but in most of the cases quicker.

Regards

Chris

You can add a cross-section in drawing mode by selecting the view you want the section to appear in an RMB>Properties. Define the section under the Sections category for the drawing view. Because of associativity the section will be added to the model.

Top Tags