cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Selecting entire curve instead of part of curve

TedOtto
3-Visitor

Selecting entire curve instead of part of curve

I'm trying to createa datum point at an intersection of a datum plane anda sketched datum curve....should be simple enough...

I have a sketched curve on a datum plane, it consists of an arc that is tangent to an angledstraight line. The start point of the arc is locked down, but the vertical height (end point to end point) in the sketched view is variable as isthe angle of the straight line depending on values entered in a program. I also have a vertical datum plane that is normal to the sketching plane of the curve and intersects the datum curve. I want to create a datum point at the intersection point of the datum curve and the datum plane. The problem is, when I select the datum plane and the datum curve for references, I can only select the arc portion or the straight line portion of the curve...not the entire curve. Sometimes the datum plane intersects the curve on the radius portion and other time on the straight line portion. It'll create the point either way, but when you look at the point location the point will fall off of the curve andshow the theoretical intersection point ifthe selectedarc or straight line would be extended to the plane...if that makes sense? There should be a way to select the entire curve and not just segments of it....isn't there?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Hi Ted,

When you are hovering over the arc or the straight line, right click on either and you should see the preselection highlight change to include the entire curve. Or if you hold down the right mouse button you will get a menu with the option to "pick from list" - that option will give you a list of features to choose from, in this case either the single curve entity or the entire curve.

Hope that helps!
Top Tags