cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Sequence of operations welding symbology in Creo Parametric drawings

Andrew_410
9-Granite

Sequence of operations welding symbology in Creo Parametric drawings

Hi,

I am looking for some details regarding Creo's default welding symbols when making drawings. Specifically what I am trying to indicate is that I would like two parts to be spot welded with a small fillet weld and then later torch brazed to complete the joint. When looking through the default symbols for welding I can easily find both the symbols for fillet welds and for torch brazing but cannot seem to find the AWS specified symbol for sequence of operations of multiple welding. The specific symbol should have a single leader line with an arrow that has two or more arms designating the individual welding operations. The attached image is what is designated in AWS A2.4. Does such a default symbol exist in Creo Parametric 2.0 or is this something that I am going to have to make from scratch?

AWS+2.4-6.7.jpg

Thanks in advance for any replies!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

I haven't seen anything like that but it makes sense.

If you want to avoid making them, you could try using the "3rd operation" leader on one symbol, and add others that are placed without leaders. Then associate them to either a view or feature.

Top Tags