cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Shaded company logo in drawing Format

dvarkevisser
1-Newbie

Shaded company logo in drawing Format

Dear format-wizards,

I am trying to import a company logo into a format. I have received this logo as an *.EPS and I have used software to convert is to a DXF-file. This file I can import to my format but it wont be shaded. I have tried to use "fill" to shade the logo but there are just too many little areas to shade.

Now I have found a workaround: import the dxf as a part, extrude it solid, make a section, fill the cross hatching, place on drawing, make symbol, place symbol on format. Problem with this is that the shading becomes blurry and makes the logo impossible to read/understand

As a workaround for the workaround, I blanked the logo-area on the format and when I make a drawing I add the solid-logomodel to my drawing and I place a shaded view of this model in de logo-area on the format, this creates a perfect company logo on my drawing 🙂

The downside to this solution is that I have to add the logo solid part to every drawing I make for this company and thats not the way I want to work.

Does anybody know how to import a shaded logo into a Format??

Kind regards,

Dennis Varkevisser

+31 6 50 68 01 79
</u>

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
CBenner
5-Regular Member
(To:dvarkevisser)

If you have Auto Cad, do up your logo in there, and export as a .dxf into your format. If not... I have no good ideas... sorry.

<u>

</u>
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite

I simply use a bitmap of the company logo. I guess if it's big it could
cause problems with the format getting large (file size wise), but you
can dumb down the bitmap to only be as good as you need it to print.
300 dpi is usually good enough...

Tony

mjenkins
5-Regular Member
(To:dvarkevisser)

I think the easiest way is to download the logo from the company website.

Then use GIMP (a free photoshop clone): http://www.gimp.org/to open it.

Click Image > Mode > Greyscale

Click Colors > Invert

Click Filters > Edge Detect > Difference of Gaussian

Then print to pdf.

You can then use <u>PDF to DXF</u>(http://www.aidecad.com/pdf-to-dxf-converter.html) to convert to DXF.

Once you have inserted into your format, Select all the entities and click Edit > Fill > Hatched.

Attached is an example logo that has been pre-converted for the dxf converter.

In Reply to Dennis Varkevisser:

Dear format-wizards,

I am trying to import a company logo into a format. I have received this logo as an *.EPS and I have used software to convert is to a DXF-file. This file I can import to my format but it wont be shaded. I have tried to use "fill" to shade the logo but there are just too many little areas to shade.

Now I have found a workaround: import the dxf as a part, extrude it solid, make a section, fill the cross hatching, place on drawing, make symbol, place symbol on format. Problem with this is that the shading becomes blurry and makes the logo impossible to read/understand

As a workaround for the workaround, I blanked the logo-area on the format and when I make a drawing I add the solid-logomodel to my drawing and I place a shaded view of this model in de logo-area on the format, this creates a perfect company logo on my drawing 🙂

The downside to this solution is that I have to add the logo solid part to every drawing I make for this company and thats not the way I want to work.

Does anybody know how to import a shaded logo into a Format??

Kind regards,

Dennis Varkevisser

+31 6 50 68 01 79
</u>

Michael R. Jenkins P.E.
Design Engineer
Direct: 816-801-2332
Fax: 816-891-9432

Commercial Vehicle Systems
Haldex Brake Products Corporation
10930 North Pomona Avenue
Kansas City, MO 64153-1215