cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Shading issue Creo 1

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

Shading issue Creo 1

Hi all,

i have just installed Creo 1 & have spent the last day or so getting a feel for it. I am concerned about what i am finding whenever i shade a model, there is a rather strange shadow being cast onto the model which moves around as i rotate the model. Am not sure if this is some new enhancement which can be turned off or if it is a graphics card issue. I am using Windows XP Pro with a NVidia GeForce 7600 GT card, am there any known issues with this set-up.

Regards

John

10 REPLIES 10

An image of what you are seeing would be helpful to diagnose the issue.

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst
(To:KrisR)

Hi Kris,

Hi Kris, hopefully this image shows the shading issue i have.

ScreenHunter_01 May. 29 14.54.bmp

It does sound like something in lighting. It may be the "default" lighting settings that you may not be accustomed to.

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst
(To:KrisR)

Hi Kris,

that's what i'm nervous about, hopefully there is some way of configuring this lighting, to make this same as it has been for the last 10 years. I really don't like this as it is, the image i gave was jus a quick example to show the problem, i work quite often with small intricate surfaces & rely on the shading & meshing to get good surfaces. Hopefully, that makes sense.

Regards

John

The only thing that I can recommend is doing a search for "lighting" in the help file for Creo. I run W5 and I think Creo is quite an update to this module from W5.

Are you using Shaded with reflections? If so, try just shaded which should be the same as WF5 and earlier.

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst
(To:Kevin)

Hi Kevin,

yeah, i tried that, but the problem persists.

Regards

John

Guess it could be a card or driver issue. I have an 8800 GT and this doesn't appear on my setup except for the shading with reflections. I tried adding different ligthts as mentioned below and I didn't see anyhing cause what you're seeing.

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst
(To:Kevin)

Thanks Kevin,

i am making noises about getting a new computer here, so we will see. I don't know what your place of work is like, but here production rules, they will think nothing of spending tens of thousands on machining centres, but spend a few hundred on a computer, & someone might have a heart attack.

Regards

John

papendha
5-Regular Member
(To:John.Pryal)

Is the "shadow" look like a dimple in filleted areas?

I notice that a light added to default room that might cause this.

Top Tags