cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Sheetmetal - Create flat pattern instance is greyed out???

mmyers1
1-Newbie

Sheetmetal - Create flat pattern instance is greyed out???

Hi

I have a standalone sheetmetal part in session. I want to create a flat pattern instance. In Wildfire 4, this was achieved by using the setup/flat pattern utility which prompted the user with a default name for the flat pattern instance.

I cannot duplicate this command in Creo 2. The Create Flat pattern Instance is greyed out and can't be used

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
DavorGranic
14-Alexandrite
(To:mmyers1)

Oddly enough today I had similar problem. Issue was with number of windows open in Creo. When I closed few windows with parts/drws I could make flat pattern instance.

Not sure if this is your type of problem tho.

I solved it in the end but it was a rather long winded way to do it

Firstly, you have to make sure that the configuration option "enable_flat_state" is switched on in your config.pro file

You also need to have a sheetmetal part active in the graphics window

Then, to create a flat pattern instance, go to File / Prepare / Model Properties

At the bottom of the Sheetmetal section there is Flat State Instances. Click on the "change" link and it will take you into the routine as it was in Wildfire 4

What a mission! Jeez. I thought PTC were supposed to make Pro/E easier to use!!!!!!!!

JLG
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:mmyers1)

It's actually much easier than that to create the instance.  (All the "enable_flat_state" option does is "make the tool for creating a legacy flat state instance available in the sheetmetalarea of the model propertiesdialog box".)

Look on the graphics window toolbar -- click on the "Flat Pattern Preview" icon:

In the Flat Pattern Preview window, click on the "Create Instance" icon.

It will prompt for an instance name and create it.

I am guessing you had to jump to Creo 2 from Wildfire 4 without benefit of any training.  In my humble opinion, it's too big a jump without some training.  You have my sympathies if none was made available to you.  Good luck!

Top Tags