cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Sheetmetal Part flattening

pbalasubramania
1-Newbie

Sheetmetal Part flattening

Dear experts,

I have been using Creo 2.0 for some time. I am facing difficulty in flattening a sheetmetal component. It is a simple part with a touch of complexity. I've given all the rips and edge bends properly, still cant flat pattern it. I have attached the component(neutral format) for your reference. Kindly help me on this. Thanks in advance!

Regards

Prashanth

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The 1st extrude removes the bottom flanges prior to conversion.

The Conversion are rips along the edges I wanted open.

The 1st Flange was an "L" shape that went along the U-channel to provide the miter.

...It requires a wider and deeper than default relief to make sure it separates.

The Unbend is to cut the miter on the ends.

Bend Back and create the front "L" flange.

Unbend again to cut the miter.

Bend back.

Now flat pattern works.

Again, there are some details you need to consider in the way this is formed.

You have some options in the area along the horizontal area on the bottom.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to the forum, Prashanth.

I removed the flanges from the bottom and converted the the remainder. I then created the flanges.

This was easier to me than to try to create the rips needed. For some reason, I just cannot make those happened.

If I wanted to make this as a part, however, I might consider making it from 3 pieces. One wrap and 2 side panels.

smt_box.PNG

Obviously I had to guess where you wanted the seams

Thanks Antonius Dirriwachter!

If it isn't too much trouble, kindly list out the steps which you undertook while Flat patterning it.

Thanks again!

The 1st extrude removes the bottom flanges prior to conversion.

The Conversion are rips along the edges I wanted open.

The 1st Flange was an "L" shape that went along the U-channel to provide the miter.

...It requires a wider and deeper than default relief to make sure it separates.

The Unbend is to cut the miter on the ends.

Bend Back and create the front "L" flange.

Unbend again to cut the miter.

Bend back.

Now flat pattern works.

Again, there are some details you need to consider in the way this is formed.

You have some options in the area along the horizontal area on the bottom.

Thanks a lot Antonius Dirriwacter, for your timely help.

please detail with creo fille

please upload the fille in creo for i try it

Top Tags