cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Sheetmetal differences between WF4 and Creo2

jstone
4-Participant

Sheetmetal differences between WF4 and Creo2

Does anyone have or can do a quick explanation of the differences between WF4 and Ceo2 sheetmetal. There is a relation and parameters added (in Creo1?). Also it is hard to tell if it is taking the correct bend table. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

jef

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
jstone
4-Participant
(To:jstone)

Thanks to Ronald Grabau & Walter Weiss. See following from Walter's reply:

In Creo: File, Prepare, Model Properties, click change across from Bend
Allowance.That will pop up a Preferences dialog that will show your Bend
Table & allow you to change it. In Creo you can assign bend tables to materials, for some
automatic help. In Creo you should go through all of your material files and
update them anyway since they have a lot more functionality then they used to. Creo is weird to get used to coming from WF4, but at this point it is pretty stable & brings much in the way of functionality. I set up several start parts for sheet metal here, depending on thickness & material, so the bend tables, notes & default stuff is all
under control. I also setup default parametric drawing notes to show the bend
table & such so it's easy to verify things were done correctly. Doing so eliminated situations where folks put the wrong bend
tables in and caused us to have to scrap the flat blanks. We do a lot of sheet metal here, big fans of the improvements to
s/m they put into Creo. Basically, many of the dialog options that you always wanted to use but were grayed out now work. They also added the ability to edit the inner details of the built in features like flanges, etc. It takes a little playing around, but you should be happy with it. I have ignored the relations that Creo puts in, just do my stuff
at the top. WF4 had that weird dialog for controlling s/m behavior, I set those parameter values in my start parts now.

In Reply to Jeffrey Stone:

Does anyone have or can do a quick explanation of the differences between WF4 and Ceo2 sheetmetal. There is a relation and parameters added (in Creo1?). Also it is hard to tell if it is taking the correct bend table. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

jef

Top Tags