cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Sheetmetal unbend cylinder with profile

DieselPig
1-Newbie

Sheetmetal unbend cylinder with profile

Afternoon All

Is it possible to unbend a sheet metal cylinder with a profile? I have fiddled with this all day and tried a variety of options with no luck.

The attached picture shows the profile I created when revolving the cylinder. I want to unbend the cylinder to put more sketched forms on it.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

and another... Creo 2.0 attached.

bubble_flange_iii.PNG

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Is there a picture of the entire part, not just a small piece?

Hi David

Whole part view.

Unbend_Whole.JPG

Have you tried cross section driven unbend....it moght work...but it also depends on the neibouring feature try to attach the whole model's image

Hi Manoj Kumar

Yes I have tried cross section unbend but I could not get it to work. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Some history:

I started off with a plain extruded cylinder and attempted to use a sketched form for the profile but it won't run to the edges.

Then a revolved part as above with the profile but this wont unbend.

You might try a user defined flange. If I am understanding your image correctly, the flange would be along the diameter with the "lump" defined in the flange sketch.

I think the section unfold requires a planar surface:

http://help.ptc.com/creo_hc/creo30_pma_hc/usascii/index.html#page/pma/sheetmetal/Your_Design/About_Cross_Section_Driven_Unbends.html

Yep, that worked...

bubble_flange_ii.PNG

Hi Antonius

Thanks for that, I did try the cross section tool but I could not make it work.

The flange solution works.

and another... Creo 2.0 attached.

bubble_flange_iii.PNG

Hi Antonius

Just loaded your part and I see how it's done. Brilliant!

Must admit my ignorance of sheetmetal and it's functions.

Thank You very much.

Happy to help!

Top Tags