cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Sheetmetal

sbhushankumar
1-Newbie

Sheetmetal

Hello,

I want to know  can we get the actual size of the sheet after flattening the bends. I am required to perform a deep drawing operation on a sheet (for product like kitchen sink etc).

Also is there any specific tool available in creo parametric for such an operation?  For now I am using sketched form option for this. But after the form is created ,when I flatten it I cant not find out the new sheet size.

Can any anyone suggest me on how to find the actual sheet size (considering all the deformations).

Pls see the  pics for refernece. First pic shows with form and second show after flattening the form. The original sheet size remains same.

one.pngtwo.jpg

Thank you ,

Shashi Bhusan Kumar.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

A forming operation stretches the metal; there is no way to find the original size required except using specialized FEA software that calculates the forces involved and uses those to determine the stretch and thinning of the metal.

Thank you Sir, for you reply.

Top Tags