cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Sine Sweep in Dynamic Freq. Analysis

rhilson
6-Contributor

Sine Sweep in Dynamic Freq. Analysis

Hello.... I want to simulate a sine sweep in Dynamic Freq. analysis.  I thought it would be easy to input it with a symbolic expression. I tried several expressions, all with no luck.

I want   F(x) == Constant*sin(x).

How does one put that into Creo???

Thank you

Rich Hilson

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

example

regards

paul

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

example

regards

paul

rhilson
6-Contributor
(To:skunks)

Good Morning Paul.

Thank you very much.  "frequency" is the word.  I was going nuts trying to do this.

Thanks again.

Rich Hilson

rjakel
4-Participant
(To:rhilson)

Hi Richard,

you find a lot of information about dynamic frequency analysis (and all other dynamic analysis types supported in Simulate) in my blog (Rolos Simulate Sources). Just yesterday I published this new presentation I did at the SAXSIM 2017 (www.saxsim.de) some days ago:

Linear Dynamic System Analyses with Creo Simulate – Theory & Application Examples, Capabilities, Limitations

You also find some examples how to code different excitations in dynamic analyses in this presentation.

Best regards,

Roland

rhilson
6-Contributor
(To:rjakel)

Good Morning Roland

Yes, I have seen some of the excellent articles you have uploaded.

I will go and download this paper.

Thanks for your support to the rest of the PTC community.

Rich Hilson

mstickma
4-Participant
(To:rhilson)

Hi,

I used a linear sine sweep function, but logarithmic is also an option. My frequency range was from 20 to 2500 Hz, and the time to sweep this range was 300 seconds. See the link for explanation of the function. https://dsp.stackexchange.com/questions/13514/how-to-estimate-the-frequency-at-certain-time-of-linear-sine-sweep

Creo-Sine_Sweep.jpg

Regards,

Mike S.

Top Tags