cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Skelton Feature used in Pub Geom, finding all refs

jbauer-2
1-Newbie

Skelton Feature used in Pub Geom, finding all refs

I have currently inherited an assy using a skeleton. Pub Geoms have been created at the skeleton level.

The technique used here was to us copy geoms to pull in the pub geoms from the skeleton into the individual parts...

I would like to find All the refs for a particular feature in the skeleton, this includes any of the parts that may be referencing

this feature via the Pub Geom... So far I have not found a way thru the reference viewer to do so... This includes attempting to do

so from the skeleton itself, and also by trying to work bottom up by invoking the ref viewer at the piece part level.

I cannot seem to get it to break down past the Pub geom in any meaningful way... Ideally I would like to generate a list of parts

and which features in that part.... Any suggestions...

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hello Jacob

I struggled with this and failed. I met similar problem some time back then, run a discussion here, found some extra info, but at the very end, I could not solve my problem.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/System-Administration/Publish-and-Copy-Geometry-reference-handling/td-p/12379

Read it first, then we can extend the topic further.

Anyway, imho in all similar situations, no doubt, PDM tool is necessary to handle external references "from and to" a model or assembly in solid, convinient way.

As far as I remmeber PDMLink manages this in right way. It would give you all answers regarding references between parts if the assembly had been created in such environment form scratch.

Thank Jacek,

Thank you for the reply sir, Went back and read the posts, will keep a link to them…. I have seen the issue when

Someone had done save a copies and the refs did not transfer… Was not part of it at that point so not sure where the refs

Were lost…

In my case, the refs are all intact but I am attempting to use the ref viewer to see downstream all features that

Are driven by a particular feature used in a  Pub Geom…. Does not seem to be a convenient way to see all of them, at least not

w/o digging…

Working from within a part backwards up the reference tree also does not yield the desired results. Info ref view on a particular feature in a part that relies on a specific feature of a Pub Geom, only shows the PubGeom as the parent and will not break the report down to which feature... It shows a feature ID, but that ID is not shown in  the model tree. Only the ID of the Pub Geom...Not which feature of the Pub Geom...

The PubGeoms in the parts are rather generic and have many features, not to mention many of the parts have many

Pub Geoms… Hoping to work thru a more manageable method going forward. Perhaps reducing the Pub geoms to only features

Used for a particular part…. Pub Geoms are a neat way to organize data that will be copied out, however not being able to break down the Ref reports kind of negates the advantage... Good fun…. Thanks again.

Top Tags