cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Slow model lines reaction (ptc wildfire 5.0)

ptc-4892701
1-Newbie

Slow model lines reaction (ptc wildfire 5.0)

Hello,

I got a new pc setup and i've got some problems with ptc wildfire 5.0. On my computer everything is working fine.

I installed ptc on my new pc and everything went ok. When i open a part en go over the model the model lines (blue lines) show up but they react very slow en go away even slower. The lines "runs" thru the whole model before disapering. Everything else is working fine. (Im able to do analysis in pro mechanica ect...)

Setup:

Intel i5 3570k

Asus amd 7950

Windows 8

(sorry for the bad english)

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

In Menu option go to edit and go to select the & untick the highlighting preferance... your problem will get solved

Thx for the reply. The problem is solved now. Do you know the reason why it reacts so slow?

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:ptc-4892701)

Go ahead and mark the correct answer so if someone search and find this thread, they will know that you found the answer and that they will too.

probably the graphics card, needs to be FirePro or Quadra

go and have a look here

www.ptc.com/partners/hardware/current/support.htm

Gee
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:BurtLand)

Burt land is right. You need to update the graphics driver and directX. This problem has got nothing to do with highlighting preferance. Its just a Proe's option. Although is solves the problem now, at some point of time you will have to switch on this option back..

I have faced this problem many times in the past when i install Proe in a new machine..

For preselection help:

http://www.beyondmech.com/pro-e/cad-topic-8.html

Thanks and cheers!

Top Tags